Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Wreath

Okay, I'm actually back to make a real post.  Shocking...I know.  Anyway, I decided a while back that I wanted to make a Halloween Ribbon Wreath, much like my Valentine's one (you can see the post with instructions here).  Unfortunately, I now live in a small town where the only store that sells ribbon is Walmart.  And there wasn't much of a selection.  So, I bought all the Halloween ribbon they had (plus a straw wreath), but it wasn't enough.  Ergo, I put that little project aside and went on with my life for a few weeks.  Then I was meeting some friends in the city (an hours drive away), and they were going to Hobby Lobby.  Just what I needed!  My friend picked up two more rolls of wide Halloween ribbon for me and I was good to go.  Unfortunately, life and my increasingly slippery brain got in the way and I completely forgot about my project.  That is until yesterday...the day before Halloween.  So, I whipped it up yesterday afternoon and last night.  And it turned out super cute.  This time I did prewrap the wreath in ribbon before I started to glue the ribbons on and it turned out even better (you weren't able to see straw in the gaps like last time).

All of my items ready to be hot-glued.

The finished product (I love how there is just a little bit
 of green to break up the orange and black)

The finished product from further away

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! If I pay you will you make me one for every holiday?

    ReplyDelete