Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Candy Corn Cookies and R.I.P. Pudding Cups

I love making goodies for the holidays and Halloween was no exception.  Here's what I made.  And thanks to Pinterest for sucking all creativity out of me but still giving me great ideas of cool things to make.

First are the Candy Corn Cookies.  I made some sugar cookie dough from scratch but messed up somewhere so I had to run to the store and buy some premade cookie dough.  Thanks Pillsbury for saving the day.  I dyed the dough orange and then used a knife to cut out triangles.  I have a box of 101 cookie cutters and you would think it would have a triangle shaped one but no.


Then I baked them at 350° for 10 mins.  That was too long (they were too crispy) so for my second batch I only cooked it for 8 mins.  Perfection.


I melted some colored chocolate from Michaels and dipped the wide end of the cookie in yellow and the small end in white to make it look like a piece of Candy Corn.


I put them on parchment paper and then into the freezer to harden the chocolate quickly, then put them in some cute goodies bags, also from Michaels, and last into a little tote, from the $1 section at Target.  And now you have the perfect little goodie to deliver to your friends.



Now for the R.I.P. Pudding Cups.  I bought 4 boxes of instant chocolate pudding.  I made the pudding and then divided it evenly into clear plastic cups.  I got 12 out it.  There would have been more but I was generous to my little girl and let her have some.  I used a paper towel to wipe up the edges since I was a little sloppy in getting the pudding into the cups.  I stored the pudding cups in the fridge to keep it cool while I prepared the rest.


I used Chocolate Cream Oreos for the dirt.  The brown seemed more fitting for a graveyard look.  I placed them in a zip lock bag and crushed them with the wrong end of a hammer.


Then I used Mint Chocolate Milano cookies for the headstones.  I bought writing food gel from Michaels and wrote RIP on the tops of the cookies.


Last I put it all together.  Sprinkle the crumbled Oreos onto the pudding.  Stick the Milano cookies into the Oreo crumbs and partially into the pudding for more stability.  And now you have some spooky and tasty treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment