Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine's Ribbon Wreath

Be prepared for another awesome Pinterest craft.  This is so cute and of course you could make one for the holiday/season of your choice.  I really wanted to make one right away, and since Valentine's Day was the next approaching holiday (and since I really don't have many V-day decorations).  I won't go into the tutorial too much since you can find tutorials for it here, here, and here.  I bought a lot of Valentine ribbon (the wider the better) and cut it into 4 in lengths.  Then, you fold all the ribbon in half (right side out) and sew the ends together. This creates a little crevice on the underside of the ribbon that you can open up and put a dap of hot glue on. Next you glue it onto your wreath.  You continue the process until your wreath is completely filled.  Jello and Tatortots recommended that you wrap your wreath in ribbon before you start gluing the sewn ribbon to it.  I didn't and wished I had because you can see the straw from my wreath in a few spots.

All of my ribbon after it had been cut and sewn (and actually I ran out, so I had to cut and sew more later)

A close-up of how the ribbon is sewn together

My supplies (wreath, glue gun, ribbon, scissors) lined out, ready for assembly

Instead of gluing by wreath section, I glued by ribbon, so that I could have them evenly spaced.

The finished project hanging on my front door

2 comments:

  1. That is super cute! I need a sewing machine so I can do cute things. And one of your vinyl letter thingys. And I love decorating for holidays so this makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete