Saturday, September 10, 2011

52 Weeks of Hersheys - Week Five: Strawberry Chocolate Chip Shortcake


This recipe wasn't my favorite.  It was good, but wasn't great.  My kids all loved it (including the baby), but I didn't.  As they were eating it, they asked if I could make it again.  I think it would actually be better if the bottom layer was just a plain chocolate chip cookie dough recipe (actually I was thinking as I made this that it would be easier to just buy some refrigerated cookie dough for the bottom, but then I figured it wouldn't be like shortbread).  Also, I think there may have been too much sour cream in the middle layer, I could really taste it.  As I said before I liked it, but didn't love it and despite my kids' pleading I don't know if I'll make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment