Monday, March 4, 2019

Back in the Saddle

Hello Bloggerverse.

Long time no see!

The last few years have been a crazy whirl wind.  As in 2 and 1/2 years ago, my husband and I packed up our four kids and the majority of our stuff and moved them all across the ocean to Japan.  We spent our two years in Japan site-seeing and learning as much as we could about the local culture.  It was a great adventure, but it wasn't the most conducive life-style to creating and blogging.  However, I did learn several fun things that I may just share with you as we go along.

When I first started this blog, it was as a way to advertise my sewing creations (mainly car seat canopies), hence the name ("seamed" is intentionally spelled that way, in reference to sewing seams).  It progressed to recipes and other crafts.  I hope that it continues to evolve.  I still plan on posting creations, tutorials, and recipes here.  I'm not sure yet if my sisters will also jump back in the saddle of blogging with me; we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, last summer, we packed back up most of our stuff and our four kids and moved back to the United States, ending up in south Texas (this is a whole new experience for us).  My husband and I spent about a week house hunting with no luck, so we ended up signing a contract to build a new house in a brand new community.  A month ago, our house was finally finished and we got the keys.  Three weeks ago, our household goods that had crossed the Pacific Ocean and had been sitting in storage arrived.  And just this weekend, our stuff that had been in storage since before our move to Japan was delivered.  For the first time in 2 and 1/2 years, we have all of our stuff again under one roof.  It is so exciting to finally be able to settle down and know that we won't have to pick up and move again in two years.

I have lots of ideas for our brand spanking new house and I'm excited to share them with you.  To help with said sharing, I set up an Instagram account to go along with this blog.  If you want to follow us (assuming it's an us and not just me situation), our IG username is: itseamedgoodtome.  I look forward to interacting with you all again.

And in closing, I thought I'd leave you with a picture from my dreamy Japanese life.  This is a picture of Elephant Rock in Okinawa:


No comments:

Post a Comment