Friday, February 6, 2015

Monster Truck Valentine

My boy is all about those trucks, bout those trucks. He's trouble. (hehe) He didn't want to do a box of valentine's from the dollar store. Instead he wanted to give everyone a toy. There are 16 kids in his class. We found monster trucks in packs of 4. I designed his cards and I love the way they turned out.
Bought 4 packs of these trucks. $4 total for 16 trucks.
Here is my print out. I started with a rectangle shape on the paper so I knew where to cut. I found a simple clipart image of a road.
I opened an empty box of cereal. I used a large glue stick and traced the rectangle on the reverse side of the paper and added plenty of glue within the rectangle as well. I wanted to be sure the edges would lay flat when it was cut out. Turning the paper over I pressed it to the picture side of the cereal box.
I smoothed the paper out making sure any bubbles or wrinkles were eliminated from the card. Using my heavy duty scissors I cut it out on the rectangle lines.
Using a thick needle and waxy thread I sewed through the road.

I threaded it through the underside of the truck and back through the road before knotting it tightly. 
With the truck attached my boy just needs to sign his name in the white space at the bottom. 


 Happy Valentine's Day!














No comments:

Post a Comment