Sunday, December 9, 2012

Jocelyn's 2nd Birthday

My daughter turned 2 this past Friday. I have been thinking and planning her birthday for probably the last six months. I know, maybe a little crazy, but I love doing this kind of stuff. The theme was "Minnie's Bowtique." It's a Disney mini-cartoon. Anyway, here are the crafts and goodies I made for her special day.

Photobucket
 
Photobucket

I traced some mixing bowls I have for the head and ears. For the invite, I just printed up something on my computer, cut it out, and taped it onto the Minnie shape. For the letters on the sign, I used stencils, cut them out, and taped onto the Minnie shape. And for the bow, I looked up a tutorial online on how to make flat bows.  Click HERE for a quick video . And just so you know, adding the bows made them top heavy so I couldn't hang the sign without them flipping over so I ended up taping the sign to the wall.
 
Photobucket
 
This was for the "Pin the Bow on Minnie" game.  I traced bowl lids (they were a little bigger than the bowls themselves) for the head and ears. The face and bows I drew just from looking at pictures and then cut them out. I colored the face and taped to the Minnie shape.
 
  Photobucket
 
This is the goodie bag I put together for our guests. I had a bunch of lunch bags so just used them. I printed out something on the computer, cut it out, and taped to the bag. I know, easy. In case you're wondering, inside was a Minnie/Mickey puzzle and hair bows (or bowties for the boys).
 
Photobucket
 
For sides we had cheese and crackers and grapes. I bought sliced cheese (not the nasty processed kind) and used a mini cookie cutter and cut the cheese. HAHAHAHA! That joke never gets old. The main meal was chicken nuggets (shaped like Mickey from Costco) or PB&J sandwiches. I was going to cut the sandwiches like Minnie but the cookie cutter ended up being too big. We had different juice boxes and water for drinks.
 
  Photobucket
 
And these are the cupcakes I made. I used a good ol' box cake mix. Chocolate of course. Then I tried to get the frosting red but I swear I used half a tube of red food coloring and they were still pink but that worked just fine too. Then I used mini oreos for the ears and decorated with sugar balls. The party turned out great and I jokingly told my husband, when our guests left, that it was time to start planning next years party. Haha, I'm not that crazy.
 
Photobucket
The birthday girl.

4 comments:

  1. Next time if you are trying to get a bold or dark color for frosting, you should try the gel food coloring. It is supposed to work better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Kathryn! She is such a doll. Glad the party turned out so fun. I love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so adorable! i may have to steal this idea for a party. you did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome party done by an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete