Friday, November 2, 2012

Marshmallows instead of frosting

I'm excited to be joining my sistas on this great idea blog! My first contribution here is a yummy and beyond simple cupcake.


For family fun night we baked chocolate cupcakes from a box. My kids think using the electric mixer is the coolest thing ever. We popped them in the over and I set the timer for 5-10mins less than the cupcakes needed........DING!

Now time to teach you the magic trick. You open the oven and add a full size marshmallow to the top of each one and close the door. They will puff up slowly and some will even go golden while you finish cooking your cupcakes.
DING! Now the cupcakes are finished. Press down on each marshmallow with two fingers and place 4 chocolate chips in the center. I waited a little too long before adding the chocolate chips. I recommend when first pushing down the marshmallow adding them, and then they'll be gooey and melt into your marshmallow center.
and VOILA! You're done! No waiting to frost, and no waiting to eat and enjoy! They look marvelous and taste delish.
We thoroughly enjoyed them!
Let me know what you think. And I'd love to hear what other items you might place in the center of your marshmallow.

1 comment: