Monday, January 9, 2012

Patchwork Christmas Stocking with Rhinestone Name

I'm back.  With the approach of Christmas (and I ridiculous reading goal for the year to meet) I haven't been doing a lot of crafty stuff.  I did make a few more car seat canopies for gifts as well as sale, but I figure you didn't want to see any more of those right now.  Anyway, my little Princess #3 was quickly approaching her second Christmas and still didn't have a stocking.  I really wanted to make a cute patchwork one for her, but I'm not very good at making my own patterns.  I wasn't sure how big to make the stocking and I wanted the shape to be just right.  Fortunately I found a McCall's pattern that was exactly what I wanted; it was even patchwork.  So, I whipped one up and it turned out super cute.


Well, then for Christmas, my husband bought me just what I wanted, and he didn't even know it!  That's right I finally got a Silhouette Cameo (I know I've been talking about it for a few months...so excited).  Today I took the time to figure it out completely (I had played around with it, but hadn't actually made anything).  I wanted to put the baby's name on the stocking, and I decided to do it in rhinestone.  Here is the finished product:




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment